Thursday, February 7, 2013

"I love you Tariq"

A very spiritual gathering was going on. After the lecture from the Holy Quran, few ladies started hamd and Naat khwani. They were not professionals so no one remembered any of the hamd or naat completely. They would start any and then stop saying "Don't remember the whole version". My sister's friend was also present at the occasion. She was of her age and a very decent. Because her kids are  quite grown-up, she tried to be more composed and serious (which I take as her tactic to control her kids, a possibility). Back to the story, she stood up and offered her diary as she had a collection of hand-written hamds and naats in it. Enthusiasm rose up and everyone again started reading different Hamds and naats from the diary. It was her personal diary and she didn't remember when and what she had written in that. While checking different pages, this page showed up; "I LOVE YOU TARIQ" with bold and curly letters and different colors in each alphabets and few rose patels were also drawn. Everyone forgot the hamds and naats and started laughing. 'Who is tariq?' Someone asked. She snatched the diary and replied; "My husband". What is he doing in your diary of naats?" a giggling fat auntie asked. She was so embarrassed. Everyone was laughing out loud on it. Imagine the nature of the gathering and this incident. LOL!

4 comments:

  1. Oye sophi, zinda henn aap? kahan ghaib ho :p (nice tactic to excuse my own absence.
    remember me?
    email me or whatever :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey larki, i am not ghaib but you are. What's going on at your end?

    ReplyDelete

Bari Ammi

November 15 used to be her birthday. I missed my loving nani terribly today. Visited her today and left roses by her side. It was all quite...