Monday, November 2, 2009

Kaun banay ga mera Pati ? :D


My rishta drama has been started again. Wesay I wonder it ever stopped. Yes it’s really a drama, at least it seems to me. See how this drama goes on:

My father and I were returning from the dentist and I was regretting on the news that my four teeth needed treatment.

Papa: So what you have decided?
Me: I would have to have treatment or I would lose them otherwise.
Papa: No actually…..hmm….I was asking about that guy.
Me: Ooo….em still thinking not decided yet.
Papa: yes yes beta take your time. Be sure that he is the best guy I have ever met. It doesn’t matter if he did only graduation. He is running his business successfully. You should see things in all aspects.

Damn I think the number of graduates has been increased due to recession. These economic crises would take my life away.Why dont they continue their studies if they dont get the jobs?

Me: yeah I am trying to see all the aspects.
Papa: beta your mother is an emotional woman. She thinks through her heart not through her brain. But you are sensible girl (Am I? But you always forget this in other matters). Try to understand what I want you to.

Me: gee gee
Papa: He has no objection on your job. You can continue it even after the marriage. In this way you would be saved from the household work. (hehe incentive) and they live just 5 minutes’ drive from us and he is such ………blah blah….(it’s always difficult to listen others’ praises)
Me: Just gimme some time. I’ll tell you soon.
Papa: sure but try to think without your mother’s influence………..(other lines were all about mom’s emotionality).

I didn’t know how mom came to know that father had discussed some thing with me. She remained around me and finally got the chance to talk:

Mama: My girl is the most well-mannered girl in the family and I know how you manage everything successfully. I always wanted to have a same boy for you (she knows I like appreciation but she does it rarely)
Me: haha acha
Mama: But I don’t know what’s in your father‘s mind. He wants you to be around. I always disagree with him in this. In these days, sons leave parents alone, betiyan to phir parai hoti hein qareeb hoon ya dur (and tip tip started, her tears are used to come out easily on this subject).
Me: oho don’t start crying plz. I can understand what’s your point of view.
Mama: beta if you have understood, then refuse your papa’s suggested guy. I don’t like him (the guy not papa). He’s such a dumb guy. And he is the eldest boy of the family, responsible of everything and you know the eldest bahu is expected to be same. Why putting your head in this khach khach?
Me: I will think about it.
Mama: Don’t think about him. I think the boy which I have finalized is suitable for you. Start thinking about him. He is the only son of his family. Parents are quite old. What more do you need?
Me: haw haiye mama don’t say like this. His parents are really sweet.
Mama: that’s it. I was telling your father that you like them most.
Me: ohoo I didn’t say like this.
Mama: OK don’t like them but you would have to say ‘No’ to your father’s suggested guy. Understand?
Me: mai? lekin…..wo tu……aisay kesay….papa would be annoyed.
Mama: He will as usual but he’ll be fine after some time. And you know your sister and brother did not like that guy too and they liked the boy which I have suggested.
Me: I am not saying anything to anyone. You both decide one and inform me.

I am just sick of all this. My mother and father never agreed on one guy. Both have different preferences and both force me to choose their suggested guy. And each time this result in a severe fight with the allegation that their children do not listen them. Each time my shoulder is used for shooting (ye shooting firing wala hai film wala nai).

But this time, I want it to end in the way I want to be. yes. I have planned a little conspiracy haha *evil laugh*. Would disclose it soon….

14 comments:

  1. Well, its the same story everywhere!
    Can't help :)

    BTW nice posts.. Will take time to read them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. haan keh tho na..
    mera dil chah raha hai chamkeelay kapray pehnay ka

    ReplyDelete
  3. @ Naveen. Thanx but dont read the posts. I dont want you to change your opinion :P

    @ Pinky: ok but if you promise to wear your carpet-textured dress :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. at least u are still at that stage where ur dad's saying: beta time ley lo...my parents just told me last year to either get married or just get lost...so i thought getting married was a better option :P
    jaldi jaldi shadi kero, bohut kaprey ban gaye hain, koi bahana mil jaye ga woh pehenney ka ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. :O

    APNAY CHAMKEELAY KAPRUN KI KHATIR AIK BACHI KI JAAN LO GAY TUM LOG?

    Singapore mai bohat fashion hai fancy kaprun ka saray lay jao :D sharara pehan kar Zoo jana almost sab khawateen nay pehana hoga sachi :P

    ReplyDelete
  6. lolz @ leena ... I kind of agree with her =)

    Have you met the two guys too?

    ReplyDelete
  7. meeting with them...means face to face meeting with baat cheet? not really...i wanted to meet them in kFC but my dad is not supportive :D.

    So just saw one of them in a function dur dur sey and saw one's horrible pic....haha matlab how could some one send his pic wearing sleeve less T shirt and bermuda shorts for his marriage proposal....hahaha a daring man i must say. the only thing nice and decent was the Swat river in which he was sitting :D. I was literally thinking of uploading his funny pic but chalo chhoro bechara

    ReplyDelete
  8. euuu @ bermudas n sleeveless :P

    I would have rejected right at that moment .. I've a thing against wearing anything shorter than pants or jeans .. hehe :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Why do we all girls think alik? :D
    wesay Asma, what about the upper stuff?....I meant shirt.....hehe :P

    ReplyDelete
  10. It's like my sister and dad. Never agree on anything. And my mother and I are always crushed in the middle.

    ReplyDelete
  11. here they are trying to put me in a juicer :D . I am sure my juice may cause diabetes *revenge*

    ReplyDelete
  12. A nice post this is ....!

    was laughing like hell....

    I could read the emotions between the lines
    hahaha

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks Yamna for understanding my emotions even between the lines :(

    ReplyDelete

Bari Ammi

November 15 used to be her birthday. I missed my loving nani terribly today. Visited her today and left roses by her side. It was all quite...