Saturday, December 19, 2009

I wish I had a wife

Sounds odd? but that's what I am.

Since I have started working and have to manage both work and home at the same time, I feel of being deprived of a wife. Means what wrong I have done that I have been deprived of a wife. Just because I am myself a women and I can only become someone's wife but cannot have my own wife? It's unfair, utterly unfair.

The sense of deprivation is getting me over day by day, especially when I see my male colleagues being babied by their wives. Why these dumb males have been bestowed with the comfort of wives?

Life would have been so easy and sweet if  I also had a wife. I would wake up with the enchanting voice of my wife (not with the bitter alarm of my cell). Bathroom would welcome me with the warm water and towel and other things placed rightly (not that I would have to scream from the bathroom 'who the hell has taken my beauty soap), hence she would guard all my stuff from the unseen invaders. My dress for the office would wait for me outside, neatly ironed and hanged. She would keep ready my hand bag with all required things and never forget to put the mobile in it (damn! I sometimes forget it at home and find no one to blame for it). The yummy breakfast with hot cup of tea would cherish my mood further. When I would leave the home for office, she would hand over to me the lunch box which I would share with my colleagues and accept their appreciation wholeheartedly for the delicious meal. She would call me in office to ask if I need something special at dinner.

When I would reach home she would receive me with the evening tea and snacks (I would prefer baigan k pakoray and cheese sandwitch). She would ask me about my day and I would tell her how hectic the day was. She would offer to give me massage which I would accept hesitantly (seemingly :P . Dont bring bad thoughts in your mind aray bhai I get tired of sitting in front of computer all the day. Otherwise i am straight :P ). Then she would serve me with the appetizingly tasty dinner and also the kahwa afterwords. She would do all the dishwashing, reset the kitchen and would put all leftovers in refrigerator (I hate when I am in bed and my mom calls me to put leftovers in fridge). She would insist me to sleep early because I would have to go to office the next day and working is supposed to be chaotic (no need to hear from mom 'dont leave your work for tomorrow). How peaceful my life would have been if I had a wife? Alas! I am a woman and born to give comfort to others, not to be comforted.

It's the only disadvantage of being a girl. ahhhh With this deep sigh, I would sign off.

Hold on, if I had a wife, I didn't need to type this long post. I would say aloud and she would type the post and would also read out others' blogs. wah wah.

So off off with this scholastic note "No life without wife".

17 comments:

  1. I think this post was priceless!! Love it, love it, love it. BTW first time I ever stopped by your blog and what a treat.

    Salaam,

    Jeanna Umm Aaminah

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing post :)

    Few weeks ago, one of my colleague (bachelor staying alone) was cribbing that he has to do all house cleaning, nobody to prepare meals and also no company to go out for a movie. I immediately replied,"Get married". Everybody looked shocked to hear this from a girl. (not sure whether everybody acted like that :))

    I think when you have enough money, you should hire a housekeeper. Then all this will be get done...although one needs to pay for it ;)

    Regarding myself, i would like to have a robot to do all this stuff. Somehow the thought of robbing one's life to do my things sounds not right. Also there won't be an emotional problem of listening to other's cribbing while i can crib all i want :) (guess, sounds utterly selfish :))

    ReplyDelete
  3. Welcome Aaminah and wa alaikum salam.

    Did you like the post? Means you also want to be comforted :P

    Thanks alot for dropping by :)

    a fan: my pain and misery are amazing for you? :x how selfish of you :(

    Perhaps your colleague wanted to hear this from You :P. otherwise every sensible man knows when he needs a wife. isn't he dumb? hehe :D

    Robot suggestion is unaffordable. I wont go with it even if i could afford it :). I mean if you would get your things done without any cost, why the hell do you need to spend money?

    "Robbing one's life" no no you get it wrong. Wives feel satisfied and happy to do their husbands work. They think that they are building their homes in heaven by serving their husbands. And this is an in-built quality in them :)

    And a maid can never do for you what a wife can. How much I would love my wife if I would have any? *sigh*

    ReplyDelete
  4. hmm.. I wonder where you got the idea for this op.ost

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's not the stolen one :x

    You cannot understand it. it's about the haves and have-nots :|

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh yeah.. why should I know.. I have a wife for that :p

    ReplyDelete
  7. Damn it!! go away.

    I hate especially those husbands who have household wives :x hn

    ReplyDelete
  8. .. and she made the breakfast for me this morning.. and when I'll go home she will make pakorras for me :p

    *going away* thanks :p

    ReplyDelete
  9. lol..great one!
    but u mite have ended up with someone like me :P

    ReplyDelete
  10. that means one of us is having an increase of fresh blood! :p

    I say good!

    ReplyDelete
  11. God save me from Leena Singapuri :P

    ReplyDelete
  12. Well my mother do alllllllllllllll these things for me,
    so...........!
    :p

    ReplyDelete
  13. "Copycat Sophisticated! :p"
    Aqua has a hammer in the hand

    ReplyDelete
  14. Yamna: you are lucky, me too in this sense :)

    Anonymous: :O

    ReplyDelete
  15. Alice , come out of the wonderland. Times have changed. Did you ever watch 'Everybody loves Raymond'?

    ReplyDelete
  16. yea. I love Raymond's parents :)
    but what's the link of this post with him?

    ReplyDelete

Bari Ammi

November 15 used to be her birthday. I missed my loving nani terribly today. Visited her today and left roses by her side. It was all quite...