Friday, December 11, 2009

The Wedding Season

In Pakistan, the wedding season starts with the beginnning of winters. This time the winter season started early so did the wedding season. When you come out on the weekend, you will be shocked rather surprised to see the weddings around. It seems the whole city is getting married.

Each year after attending weddings of 'others', I think that there will be lesser weddings next year. But the same situation appears next year. I mean what the hell.....I dont understand from where these hundred of bachelors come out, jam-pack the markets, force tailors to delay other innocents people's dresses, awake us forcefully till the morning, try to make us deaf with the horrible sounds of crackers and the pathetic orchestra of gali mahalla bands, block the roads and celebrate their weddings. wah wah. It's YOUR wedding. Why do you make the whole suffer? I especially hate delays on wedding functions. People have to starve literally until lunch or dinners are served.

This year, we have attended five weddings in our family and friends. Three more are to come. I have become bored of all these typical styled weddings. Why don't people try some innovative stuff in these boring functions?

The weddings look like a drama or film for me now. And the bride and groom....oh God....the most pathetical creature in the wedding functions. Same chamkeeli girlish embroidered sherwanis and kullas.....and the brides who look more like a gola gunda than a bride.
 
See youself, do  they look naa? :D


The bride and groom are focal points. wesay I wonder why do they look so innocent and stupid on their weddings. See!



Hehe sorry haan.........dont know whether they are really innocent or they pose so. OK fine I know I will be lined up one day with these monkeys.....errrrr......I mean Monkey :D. One thing I really like that bride and groom sit on the stage and start collecting money. Wowwww....I dont know who had invented this tradintion but this is the only thing I like most. Everyone likes making money :P . The guests should present more and more money to the couple because expenses remain greater than the actual earning in the name of 'salami'.

On last wedding function, I was thinking that all brides look same in their bridal get-ups. Same dress, same make up and same jewelry. At night I did some search about the brides around the world. Interestingly, or I should painfully that bechari brides are every where treated with heavy makeups, jewelry and dresses than their grooms. Why this discrimination?

Khair. I tried to find out bridal traditions in different parts of the world, especially in Muslim world. Some brides look really sophisiticated, some look funny, some really decent and impressive and some look a prey to their traditions. Let's have a look of them:
A Bangladeshi Bride


An Indonesian Couple




The Malaysian Bride

I never liked the kissing scene on western weddings but this is awesome!!

Ching po chee...the Chinese couple


A Massai Bride, Africa


An Arab Bride


Afar Bride, Djibouti


Is there anyone in it?


Iranian Wedding....I dont believe; One groom and two brides :O


Egyptian Bride (Is she breathing?)



A Bulgarian Bride
(Why did she remind me of Eid ul Azha)



The Yemeni Bride


The Zulu Bride


OoO the most decent couple


I think she was from Brunei, dont remember exactly. She's elegant



A Thai Bride



Who says brides cant eat on their wedding?


haha...


OoOps!


Who says Muslim Bride cant do photo session :P


Notice some thing in this pic?

Did you get it? No?.....then see khussa with sox Hawwww!

And check this one too!


And in the end this one is really adorable. A Pakistani Bride

Simple, elegant and graceful

8 comments:

  1. Hahahaha , the initial pics are hilarious. I tried to search for an elegant Indian bride pic but alas the Google images have been hijacked with Aishwarya and other tv and film brides :(
    and the ones i found were walking Gold shops
    http://www.princejewellery.com/images/hindu-bride-image.jpg
    Talk of elegance!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wonder how you got these various pictures...btw, i thought Iranians to be not too much into complete burqa thing but chador. (mainly after seeing the movies though!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. hahaha
    gola ganda actually resembled so much to those perfect pictures of beauty.
    chchch.

    I used to call them cakes but no, u made me realize they are more than that...
    :p

    ReplyDelete
  4. @ The Chef...they are as hilarious for us as our brides' pics for them :) . My God look at her smile in such heavy jewelry :O

    @ a fan

    Well hard working is needed in surfin :D
    As for Iranian brides, actually different customs and traditions are observed in different parts of Iran. And movies cannot depict the whole lot but the specific ones'.

    @ yamna

    LOL one cake is also there. Check the Bulgarian bride again :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. what do u think about iranian we are not like that at all !!!I don't know why some people like youn don't know about sth and try to talk about it!!!first learn about sth and then show off your informations!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am sorry if it hurt you but I have just picked it up from the internet somewhere.

    I will be happy if you provide me with correct information about the wedding customs in Iran. I am sure they will be more or less similar to Pakistan's :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. ohh my god sophie, I loved this post ... haha its so funny when some people look really patheticon their weddings yet people are praising like hell "oh god you are the cutest most gorgeous couple in the whole wide world" :D

    And phew I pity few brides you've shown us ;)

    I agree on dulha competing with wife for most rang barangi sherwani tale .. thanks god my husband wore suit.. :D

    ReplyDelete

Bari Ammi

November 15 used to be her birthday. I missed my loving nani terribly today. Visited her today and left roses by her side. It was all quite...