Monday, December 14, 2009

You won't believe it, so would I

You can only read the post if you promise me that you won't laugh at the end. OK? Fine. go on!
Did you people watch the Indian movie “Dil walay Dulhaniya lay jayen gay”? I hope many would have seen it. My cousin once bought its cassette (CDs were not common then). I watched, in fact had to watch the movie whenever I visited her home because it was her all time favourite. It wasn’t my fav but my cousin tried a lot to make it so.
Many of its dialogues and scenes have been glued to my mind. I unintentionally attach many of the happenings around me to this movie. Some thing happens around me and I start thinking about same or similar thing happened in this movie too. Damn to my cousin. But it’s all unintentional. Many times I think of my cousin as an Indian spy who forced me to watch the movie like a mother puts milk bottle forcefully in baby’s mouth when the baby is sleeping. See! How stupidly I attached the some thing to this movie again, of course unintentionally!!
Do you remember the last scene of “Dil walay Dulhaniya lay jayen gay”? Let me remind you:
All are standing on the railway station. Train starts slowly. Shahrukh Khan (the hero) is in train with the bruised face seeing direct in the eyes of Amresh Puri (father of Kajol, the heroine). Amresh is holding the hand of Kajol while she is trying to release her hand saying “Let me go father. I cant live without him”. Train whistles. Kajol is begging. Shahrukh is also begging through his eyes. Amresh Puri still looks fierce. Kajol is now crying and requesting her father to let her. Suddenly an unexpectedly, Amresh uncle leaves her hand. Kajol gets shocked. She cannot move even an inch. She’s watching in her father’s eyes unbelievingly while her father says “Go beta go. No one can keep you happy except him”. The train is whistling. He continues “go beta and live your life as you want”. Kajol comes into consciousness. She moves backward slowly. Her father screams again “Go beta go”. She is now completely alert. Train whistles again. She sees the train, then her father who is still screaming with joy. Finally, she runs to the train. Train also takes its speed. She runs faste. Shahrukh is rendering his hand to her. Her family is backing her up for catching the train. She runs faster and faster (she might be a bullet train in her previous janam) and gets into the train. The movie ends happily.
Minus the hero and the purpose behind heroine’s run towards the train, same happened with me. Err….if not same but almost familiar. My father wasn’t allowing me to go. Time was flying like an F 16. My father hadn’t decided what I should do. All of the sudden; he leaves my hand and pushes me to hold the time. Thinking what’s the meaning of all this, I am standing still. Am I in consciousness? Am I dreaming? Or he is asleep? With the each push of my father, I lose the sight. How one sees clearly in tears? I lose the meaning of things around me. How one can think with a paralyzed mind? I even forget for what I was struggling. There is nothing in my mind to think upon. I can only listen the sound of a whistle. But why my father’s back-ups couldn’t help me moving? This is what I had wanted to. But why I have become paralyzed? Why am I not feeling any thing? I think I am dreaming. Yes it can only be a dream!!

8 comments:

  1. Congrats :)
    I understand that your father has agreed :)

    But your last few lines are too confusing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are confusing because I am myself confused :|

    Of course YES I am praying for you yar :)

    I laughed at your post-delete-action :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. hehe :)
    have u got the visa?
    i think you should start checking flight tickets...

    ReplyDelete
  5. No visa yet. I have another interview with the Embassy next week

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks alot dear.
    Week has been started and I couldn't decide yet whether I should wear the magenta colored dress or the green one :/

    ReplyDelete

Bari Ammi

November 15 used to be her birthday. I missed my loving nani terribly today. Visited her today and left roses by her side. It was all quite...