Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Jeans Training


I am much more concerned about what I would wear there than living alone. You can ask me from where you can get shafon, georgette, cotton, or from where you can get the best embroidery in Lahore but I am unable to find good stuff for wearing there. I dont know from where you can get the best ladies outfits, the modest shirts, decent looking uppers, jackets, comfortable ladies joggers, I don’t know any thing. And the damn jeans. God! the most stupid outfit I have ever worn.

Let me tell you clearly that I never ever wore jeans or trousers or pants or anything similar to them. OK call me paindo. I wont mind. I have even stopped wearing choori dar pajama long ago. I remember once my father came to pick me from the Uni. One of my friends was wearing jeans with long shirt while one was wearing loose trousers. Later, father told me politely that he did not like girls wearing jeans or trousers. I took it as his indirect order. I never had a plan to wear them and after that I never even thought of it. But now it came out to be the only outfit that can be worn in such an extreme weather. Now father is advising me not to take risk of wearing any thing else than jeans. Change is inevitable

So A (my bro) and I went on a mission which was meant purely for shopping jeans. He was sure that there is no difference between the jeans of men and women. He had to ask the lady for clearing his confusion who remained staring him bitterly afterwords. I didn't know my waist size. Coz I have gained much weight these days so I asked for 34. She looked at me suspiciously. I felt embarrassed and asked "35 bhi dikha dein". She smiled this time and looked at her helper who was a guy. I thought his size was 35. She said "try 34. 35 wont fit you". I felt a pinch. 'aahaan'. "pagal 35 is no size. 36 hota hai". It was A. hahaha I tried not to show any reaction. khair I tried 34. It took me 15 minutes to jump into and out of the jeans. It was loose. She took the measurement herself and declared that 32 would be fit and it was. The shop was packed with the skinny jeans. I wanted the loose one. Like this:




It wasn't available anywhere. We checked many shops. The jeans which I have bought are loose but not that much. Khair I would have to search them there.



Same is the situation with me. LOL....

I bought these loose yoga pants too in white. The only piece I love :)
The shopkeeper was calling it something else.Quilips perhaps...dont remember exactly!


So in future, you will see me in this outfit. And please dont laugh if I look clumsy because I will. hehe..

A was saying that I look so awkward when I walk in jeans. Whatever!

Searching has been started for shirts. Although I have bought few of these:



 but can anyone tell me from where I can have this:


6 comments:

  1. Hmm, if you live in Islamabad, I highly recommend you go check out the pants they have at Cross Roads... they're kinda costly (1600 Rs.) but a) they're really really loose and b) they're tailored very well so they don't look too jhalla. :-) As for the frock type thing, try the shops in F-10... the wholesale ones. Don't pay more than 200 for anything. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those khulee pants are called Cuolettes :-) 'K-yo-lets' :-) Ayashee karo... they don't only work with kameez but with frocks or shirts as well!

    And yeah, wear the skinny jeans with a longer frock which covers at least till the tops of your knees.

    wish you the best!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Damn! I should have asked you before visiting ISB last time :|

    I checked the Cross Roads in Lahore. got one flared jeans from there. But they all have shaded stuff which I dont like much.

    Thank you Specs. You made my day ...*keeeyuuuletttsss* :-D

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have always felt flare jeans to be awkward :)

    Regarding formal trousers and shirts, i would suggest you to get it stitched.
    And maybe you could check out in 'Lee' or 'Levis' showrooms. although, there will be many more and better options in US.

    btw,it might be a good idea to have a hand sewing machine in US. (it might be cheaper to buy in US though)

    ReplyDelete
  5. check the crossroads, i love the tops there. u mite need to team em up with full sleeved jackets and all. and girl, get fitted jeans from levi's, u can wear em with long shirts. u can also get stuff from J. and Threadz...a lil xpensive but i love the kurtis that they have.
    btw, good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well a fan, I wont mind to be called awkward :)

    Sewing machine...wow good idea. You know I do excellent stitching :). To hell with the studines, I will start a part time business there. yuuhooo :D

    Thanks Leena :)

    wesay I may have heart attack due to the outflow of money from my wallet :(

    ReplyDelete

Bari Ammi

November 15 used to be her birthday. I missed my loving nani terribly today. Visited her today and left roses by her side. It was all quite...