Friday, January 1, 2010

THE YEAR THAT WAS AND THE YEAR THIS IS!

Another year has been passed. I had been complaining from many years that time had been flying like hell. I was just watching days passing year over years. But it didn't happen during the 2009. I felt the each day passing by.  spent each day counting the remaining ones. I spent most of the time whether in working or waiting.Oh God how many tests and interviews I have been taken this year?

When I stepped in the 2009, I was emotionally bruised at all fronts of my life. I had a very tough time in 2008. The few starting months of 2009 were spent collecting myself. Trying to disengage from your past and stepping into your present with the zest and ardor for the future was really very hard. I did nothing. But Allah SWT paved my way throughout and my family supported me fully. Alhamdulillah

I set few goals in 2009. One of them was to get promoted and the other was to score admission for higher studies. Whole year was passed in hardworking and struggle. I wasn’t sure if I would hit any of my goals. But I decided to give my best. Although the ghosts of past (as a fan call them) remained after me pulling me back. But they are after all the past and I tried to live the present and to worry about the future. 

Thank you Allah Mian gee, thank you very much. You are the Greatest. No words can thank you for the blessings you have bestowed upon and is still granting me with the best. Please! accept my bowing of head as my thanks. The fruit of my hardworking is much more than what I had expected. I got promoted and scored the admission finally. I still feel that I am dreaming. Is it really true? If not then please Allah gee make me asleep forever.

I got the bonus when my parents allowed me to avail the opportunity of studying abroad. You know what, my family is still shocked. They are asking my father time and again if he has really allowed me to go US. haha......He responds, "Yes and I am really proud of her. MashAllah she did the impossible. How could I deprive her from having such an honour? I can't". I dont believe it too. I just love my parents. I feel myself literally in heaven. My all wishes are coming true.

One resolution was to reduce weight. Just leave it! it wasn't that important :D .
And yes I am more than happy that I need not to retake the GRE. woohoooo!!

And the marriage.....it has been further postponed for two more years but with my parents' consent. :)

So one year has been gone and the other has been started. Happy New Year to everyone1



The 2010 is going to bring a complete change in my life. I am all ready for it but kind of scared as well. This year, I would have one heavy duty resolution: 'Reduce weight'. Yes it has become important NOW because I feel it difficult to breathe in jeans :)

So on your marks!
Get set!
Go!!!

6 comments:

  1. boht boht mubarak ho behna :) really happy for you..
    if i end up in lahore academy, i'll miss you even more...i was so planning to haunt your place..
    khair,
    darna bilkul nai..bahar jatay he sub se pehle emergency numbers yaad kar laina!..yahan se dhair saray dry fruits bhi laiti jana (f they are allowed by the airport guys)wahan thand ho ge mazay se khana...homesickness se bachnay k liye ziada time masroof rehna (shopping, cooking, studying)..
    aur
    blogging karti rehna :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you janu :)

    I will surely miss your plans of haunting me. lekin chalo zindagi rahi tu inshAllah will haunt each other :)

    thanks for the wonderful advices :P . I first need to unlearn the 1122 :D

    Everybody listen! I will be leaving in fews days (if visa arrives in time) so please send me dry fruits as token of your love :). I will never forget nuts :P

    Blogging....hmmm....i think it will be my only rant then :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. hehe...after reading the "Just leave it!", i was thinking that i should point out the correlation between this and jeans. :) And then felt happy to read the last line ;)

    Why don't you also start running? I hope the Spring season & the amazing trails & the few slim beauties in US inspire you to keep on to this goal ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's the jeans that made me realize how much my tummy is getting out. You can better understand what impact the 9 to 5 timing job leaves on you.

    The long walks to the uni and to the deptts inside the Uni will not be less than running. Wesay I love running too :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. literally, I have gained so much weight after joining this nine to five...,
    and now I can not reduce it without leaving the job...!
    :p

    ReplyDelete

Bari Ammi

November 15 used to be her birthday. I missed my loving nani terribly today. Visited her today and left roses by her side. It was all quite...