Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Peshawar, Lahore, Pindi and now Multan

My little nephew who's in nursery to my brother-in-law:

Nephew: Baba! what should I do when there is a bomb blast in school (Khuda na khuasta)?

BIL: beta try to stay away from the main gate. You ll be alright. Nothing would happen.

Nephew: But if bomb walay uncle enters the school then?

BIL: Then lay down on the ground and cover your ears with your hands.Understand?

Nephew: OK

BIL: and if  you see your teacher around, go to her and do whatever she says. OK?

Nephew: and if teacher says nothing?

BIL: then lay down and close your eyes. No need to see here and there.

************
 
Listening to all this, I couldn't stop my tears. How much terrible our lives have become? What type of fear this is. Death is eternal. We cannot espace from it. But such a painful death with listening the screames of injured and dying people around is unimaginable. Life is uncertain but when this uncertainity overcomes you all over, you die before your time.

These days, we live on daily basis. Each day, I thank Allah SWT for keeping me and my family safe. Yea I sound selfish but what I can do except praying that my country gets rid of all those who are doing this. May Allah guard everyone, He is the actual Protector.

I have stopped watching news. I cannot bear the scenes of dead bodies and cries of their loveones over them.  Just a single bomb blast ruin the nemerous families with the lost of their bread earners. Not only few people die in these bomb blasts, their whole families die with them. They die spiritually if not physically. Can they forget all this? No, no way!! The accidental deaths can never be forgotten. NEVER! No word can console the family of deceased. And the announced money, Is there any value of a life?

Parents are especially in an extremely difficult situation. I can understand how my mother lets me leave the home daily in prayers and wishes. Whole day, my father keeps calling me and advising me not to go anywhere unnecessarily. My colleagues remain in stress until their children reach home from the schools.

I wish that I wake up one day and find every thing PERFECTLY alright. Can my wish change any thing? I wish it could!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Bari Ammi

November 15 used to be her birthday. I missed my loving nani terribly today. Visited her today and left roses by her side. It was all quite...