Friday, November 6, 2009

Visit to ISB

So yesterday I made a short visit to Islamabad. It was the first time that my father allowed me to go with one of my friends. It was really a fun. We talked so much during the journey that we got literally exhauted. LOL I think all passengers might have known every thing about both of us.

We reached ISB at 10 am. We had enough time as the meeting was at 12 pm.  We visited a book shop and a market. The stone jewelery was remarkable especially the one blue stone necklace. I loved it but had to leave it thinking that no one can see it under my head scarf :( but it was good. The shopkeeper told that some bracelets would be available in few days in the same stone. I would surely buy them next time :). damn what was the name of stone? forgot that.

And it remained in my mind whole day that Pinky lives here but had no contact of her and it was also not the pre-planned visit. But I wanted to meet her once because I would have to take the appointment to meet her after her CSS exams inshAllah !!

The meeting was good. The director who was supposed to meet us did not come but sent the promise that he would see us in the next meeting. Damn! I hate him. Two of the girls pointed out that I have put on weight. budtameezein!! dil toot gaya mera tu. I already knew that....why to point it out?

One of the girls was from Peshawar. It was the first time I met a Peshawari gal (although I dislike few of men from Peshawar :P ). She was excited to meet Lahori gal. We talked alot during and after the meeting. She was a really nice girl, I must say. And I think she has the same feelings about me as I have been received two calls from her since morning :) . People do get a good impression of me but some cannot realize what a great person I am :D

Another girl was looking stunning with her glowing and fair skin. She was completely changed what she was three months back. We insisted her alot to tell us what type of skin treatment she was getting but she didn't disclose. Meesni !! But she is not that bad as she told me that I look very innocent and that I am by nature very simple and innocent :) hehe shukriya

The meeting was over in just two hours and they had no plan to offer us lunch :( . Mice had a marathon in my tummy. So we decided to go to KFC, the only restuarant  i saw nearby. But one of the girls who lives in Pindi was kind enough that she offered us lunch.hehe But she hates the KFC calling their food unhygienic :O . She took us to the Super Market Sector F and forcefully ordered the paratha roll at Mr. Food. I was bit hesitant to take tha paratha but she convinced me as I convinced myself daily 'aik parathay sey kiya hoga' but they were quite yummy. I must say!!

Then she took us to her university, the International Islamic University where she is a lecturer. She told us the detail about the recent bomb blast there which TV cahnnels were not allowed to disclose. She was in the university at that time. I would post in detail about it. knowing the detail and the trauma students are going through made me very sad and depressed. The day which was started cheerfully made all sad.

We took the bus and returned Lahore. I slept most of the time, was so tired. Papa was there to receive me.

Yesterday I have realized how much I am used to miss my Lahore where ever I go. Apparently there is no comparison of Lahore and Islamabad. Isloo is planned city with wide and clean roads and greenery every where. With gandi mandi roads, traffic jams and pollution, I still love Lahore. Oh God I missed it alot in these few hours. Lahore! you rock :)

wow it's a suprise that Gori Wife has also posted about Lahore :)

God I added things in this post ten times...sorry

7 comments:

  1. Oh my lovely Islamabad and u went to my lovely uni too :)

    Are you talking about feroza jewelery that afghanis or pathans are usually selling? Looks so chic.

    Oh and when in new town, try amazing good food .. KFC .. McD sux :P

    And lahori ... euuu ... :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Asma! welcome here :)
    I agree Isb is lovely but your uni scared me a bit, it seemed that some one has mistakenly built few buildings only in a deserted jungle of bushes and ala blah. I was arguing with my frd that why not they secure its boundary. but yes it's a huge task too. And do take care of yourself. she was telling me that they are still receiving threats...

    oh yes it was feroza. thanx girl i forgot its name. are they real? I am a bit doubtful...and the Pathans ahhh they were not in mood to bargain :|

    seems no one likes McD hehe becharay

    thanx i hope it was a goody 'euu' ;p

    ReplyDelete
  3. awww sophi..janu, i PROMISE when i clear the exam or when i get married, we will turn this friendship live...promise!!
    abhi tu no one takes me seriously..my mom will die of shock if i as much as hint that i am going to see someone i met online ;) you know, old school type :D
    but aik baar mujhe independent honay tho bus!
    (and hey pray that i clear the exam on the first go, training academy for new officers lahore main he hai :P)

    ReplyDelete
  4. haha.....that is why I always wanted to get older.

    BTW I had a plan to invite you with your mother at my relative's place. bubbly :D

    Aur ye Lahore mai aa kar kiya kiya karnay ka irada hai? meri puri nazar hogi tum par yaad rakhna :B

    All the best for your exams :)
    hein kab wesay?

    ReplyDelete
  5. thats SO kind of you..
    march main hain exams..kabhi lagta hai pass ho jaon barri baat hai, kabhi dil karta hai top kar jaon ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. dekho top karnay walay candidates ginti k hoon gay. asiay bohat saray candidates hoon gay ju mehnat kar rahay hoon gay 'siraf pass honay' k liaye. unki mehnat ko ziya mat janay do aur aik seat khali kar k top walun ki category mai shamil ho jao. baqi Allah khair tay baira paar :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. My city and MY uni too! I <3 Isloo!

    ReplyDelete

Bari Ammi

November 15 used to be her birthday. I missed my loving nani terribly today. Visited her today and left roses by her side. It was all quite...