Saturday, September 12, 2009

Iftar Party: Another blessing of Ramzan


Iftar parties are among the other exciting things of this month. Since my childhood, we used to count them the whole month and brag among friends. lol friends with lesser number of iftar parties are tagged unlovable, obnoxious and abhorrent because people do not invite them much to iftar parties. We still do that.

To arrange sehri and iftari are my responsibility at home. I am told that it is also a month of my cooking practice. Mother remains busy mostly in ibadah and I am supposed to look after every thing. The most heartbreaking thing is to leave the bed in the mid of night for preparing sehri regardless at what time I sleep at night. Then to wake everyone up for the sehri, another task. I used to say that I could earn more than the sehri dhol wala earns for waking up people with his terrible dhol beats which caused to harass people than waking them up.

To meet everyone’s choices at iftari is another task. Some one wants to have baigan pakoras. Others argue for chicken rolls and samosa. Fruit chaat is must thing but dahi bhallay are also highly demanded. Some one fights for milk shake, others for lassi. May Allah give me ajar but honestly speaking I feel sometimes that I am wasting my time. The time, which I spend in making all these luxurious dishes (I must say), can be spent in ibadahs. Seriously, everyone remains busy in his or her prayers and I am the only crap found in kitchen. Many times, I declared that simple iftari would be served but each time have to face severe protests. I iftared more than half of my rozas in kitchen as everyone needs garam garam crispy pakoras at iftari.

In all this barbarism, the invitations for iftari happen to be a ray of light in my dark kitchen.

There is no pleasure than to sit on the chair and enjoy the ifari stuff, watching other people running from kitchen to dining table for putting variety of dishes on the table.

There are many remarkable things about these iftar parties or dinners:

  • You can save your food stock for more days to come.
  • You can enjoy variety of dishes at a time without doing any thing hehe.
  • Your stoves can have some rest for few days which can increase their life span.
  • You can enjoy a different taste if you are fed with your home’s typical taste.
  • There is a possibility of having any new dish which you try for the very first time in your life and can adhere it forever if it tastes good. So a chance of some new experiments.
  • You can have a look on new fashion around.
  • You can get an idea of cousins’ Eid dresses.
  • You can see who is getting and losing weight in Ramzan.
  • You can listen the news bulletin of the family and friends.
  • On last iftar party, date of one’s wedding was decided. So it saved the time and money of concerned parties and others.
  • You can have knowledge of any beauty parlor, boutique, tailor, bakery, samosa shop, fruit wala, sweet house, doodh wala, dyer, etc offering special packages for Eid.
  • You can have booking with your cousin or friend who is expert in applying menhdi.
  • You can tell others that you are coming to their homes for spending Eid with them. You can also tell them at which dish they are good enough.
  • You can inform others that you will not be at home on Eid.

4 comments:

  1. awww mera sughar bacha!

    LOL@You can get an idea of cousins’ Eid dresses. hahahaha

    ReplyDelete
  2. what to do with such shughrapa which destroys softness of your hands? :( meray haath kisi kasai (butcher) k haath ho gaye hein

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL..whenever i complain to my mom that my hands are getting softer with washing dishes and they will get all wrinkly, my sisters tease the hell out of me saying "na aik baat batao, tum ne khoobsurat haaton ka karna kiya hain hein?" ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. bari hi gustakh sis hai teri tu aik meri taraf sey bhi lagein ussay aaj......do tell her 'every thing' should meet the standards of beauty :P

    ReplyDelete

Bari Ammi

November 15 used to be her birthday. I missed my loving nani terribly today. Visited her today and left roses by her side. It was all quite...