Friday, June 14, 2013

Another way

I : She is such a princess. You must be proud of her naa. Nice product from you.

She : Yes I am. She is my little fairy (patting her 6-months old daughter to sleep).

I : MashAllah!

She : Dont you want to get married and have kids?

I : Well that's natural but you know at this stage all natural instincts fade away. I am happy with my life Alhamdulillah the way it is. Don't you think it's such a great responsibility to bring up a child, teach him good and bad keeping in view that we ourselves lack morals?

She : I don't think alot. I never thought this way. But what I feel is that my daughter has made me a good human being. Now I try to be an exemplary human being for my daughter.

I : Good job! I perhaps lack these capabilities that's why I am not a mother. Simple . And I think I try not to take responsibilities. I am fed up preforming responsibilities.

She : You know that offspring is sadq-e-jariya. When they do something good, parents also get sawab for that. I do not think I can work consistently on collecting naikies but my offspring can naturally add up some good deeds in my account. And this will even continue after our death. We will remain getting sawab for the good deeds of our kids. Don't you think it's awesome?

I : Yes indeed. I agree. I didn't think this way...

A very warm picture says it all :)

3 comments:

  1. actually this post tells a lot more into how most of the desi women think .. bits nice bits very annoying. I'll have some of the points that made me go thinking or those that came to my mind in here ;) yup this comment also tells that I've a deadline to meet right now and everything in this world looks interesting apart from the document I should be working on :P

    1. why do you think she should be proud of a 6 month old? comment for you .. wrong pick-up line :P / comment for her .. she deserves lots more of nappy changes ;P

    2. As for sadqa e jariyah .. true. But to top it off its not as simple as she's thinking. How the world is changing and the way people are changing their rights and wrongs, and the way our values are diverging from here there; honestly, I AM SCARED. It doesn't mean that I dont trust in Allah .. I do Alhamdolillah and I know I need to work hard for it and pray hard but still I am scared of the humongous pressure Allah has thrust upon me to raise my children well and make them useful persons in their own rights.

    3. Hmm I guess the points coming to my mind were not as many as I earlier thought :)


    But I really love the way you showed her that life can have different meaning for everyone.

    4. Oh yeah, just remembered, I never ask any of my girl acquaintances/friends/relatives when they are getting married (unless they are engaged ofcourse) because in our society its usually not upto a girl when she is getting married really .. I myself hated this question. And the second one is when people poke into your very personal business of having children ... bacha nahi hay koi ... oh nahi hay yaar ... hamsayon kay ghar chor ayi hoon. These questions can be very hurtful for some too ... so I guess before thinking about sadqa e jariya .. we should make our today a blessing for others too :)

    Much love .. I miss reading your blog sophie.. write often <3

    ps: should get back to work now .. hehe

    ReplyDelete
  2. i dint even remember that i wrote this post. i accidentally came and saw ur comment. Loved your comment more than my post. haha few points made me laugh sachi.

    >>>> our desi parents feel proud of their beautiful looking kids as if they ve baked their kids in their own oven with their own recipe... it was a sarcastic btw haha

    >>>> reading your fear about bringing up your kids made me feel that i am listening to my sister. she always gets scared of it too. Well i dont ve any advice for your scared ppl accept ... enjoy the company of your kids :)

    Would try to write more :) ....... Love you!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sadqa Jariya....couldn't have put it better myself.

    ReplyDelete

Bari Ammi

November 15 used to be her birthday. I missed my loving nani terribly today. Visited her today and left roses by her side. It was all quite...