Friday, November 14, 2008

A Farewell

Peeping in every few minutes
My precious still there
The world beckons for her
And I know she cannot remain
That bed will be empty
The room for once tidy
The rituals will have to change
Her scent, though it may linger
But it too will dissipate
Last loving glance
At sleeping beauty
Suddenly she seems changed
No longer as childlike as I recall
My child nonetheless
Who will protect her
How will I tame my instincts
Fear may engulf her heart
But mine feels torn apart
How will life go on
Who will I live for
Who will I care for
Who will I worry for
The Lord giveth
And the world taketh away

(Poet:KKT)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Bari Ammi

November 15 used to be her birthday. I missed my loving nani terribly today. Visited her today and left roses by her side. It was all quite...