Friday, November 14, 2008

Last walk!

But this walk
in the crown jewel
with mother and father
this path
this alley
the valley awash in green
lush
the steps so retraced
a million times
the clobber by the roadside
the signboards
the turns
the faces familiar
the shadows so known
no fear touched the heart
no fear seemed near
nothing forlorn
the garden lit outside
with myriads of hopes
beckons and calls
and I wish to cling on
to the post of my bed
and shake my head
so familiar is the floor
so dear each door
O my walk in the crown jewel
O Mother!
O Father!

(From "Iola". May Allah bless you with all you want. Yes yes I would pray for you whenever I remember you).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Bari Ammi

November 15 used to be her birthday. I missed my loving nani terribly today. Visited her today and left roses by her side. It was all quite...