Thursday, February 19, 2009

Bachay humaray ehad kay....

Scene: M (my lil niece) and I were watching a drama of starplus. I am not keen of watching these stupid dramas but she insisted me to watch it with her. In that drama, there was a girl slipped from the stairs and was crying with the pain.

She: l know what will happen next.
Me: really? Is it a repeated telecast?
She: no it’s not but I can guess what will be the next scene.
Me: what?
She: They will take her to the hospital. Doctor will take her to the operation theatre. After some time, he will come and say ‘congratulation it’s a baby boy’.
I got speechless. She is not supposed to say such big things.
Me: hmm….no baby. I think she got a fracture in her feet.
She: array nai khala I know naa. She would have a kaka. You will see it yourself………
Me: Let’s see……….
Although, there were no signs of any expected baby but still I begged to God that kaka would born in the next episode.
Doc came out of the theatre and announced that the injured girl had compound fracture and she will be alright after few hours.
I threw a victorious look on M.
Me: see!
She: yeah whatever
She remained silent for few minutes.
She: khala how does a baby come in the world?
Me: Angels bring them in the world in a floral basket. (I pronounced my long time learnt lesson)
She: Why do angels throw them in the hospitals?
Me: hmm……so that doctors can check them as they come from far away naa.
She: How do parents come to know that their baby is coming?
Me: Doctors told them
She: Do doctors have direct contact with Allah?
Me: might be…..let’s see cartoon network. (I tried to divert her attention but she seemed to be in deep thinking).
She: (after few seconds) khala tell me one more thing (ya Ellahi) why do mamas get ill when their babies come through angels?
(My math’s paper wasn’t difficult then)
Me: beta hmmmm……actually…….(A thought came to my mind that it wouldn’t be bad if I tell her all but I was afraid of her mother. She would surely kill me).
Me: When baby comes, doctors give injections and medicines to mother also which are meant to increase her energy so that she can handle her baby well. (How bogus I was sounding). You know how it becomes difficult to take care of a lil baby. (I tried to defend my bogus point).
She: yea you are right. (Pause) kiya injections kafi baray hotay hein?
Me: (*relief* it means she believed me) yes they are. Their sizes are usually to this and this (I showed her different sizes through my hands and arms)
She: itnay khala itnay tu animals ko lagtay hein (kuch zaida hogaya shaid)
Me: o baby I don’t know exactly naa. I just heard that…….
She: of course how would you know you don’t have even a single baby…..see my mom has two…..why don’t you contact any angel or doctor?
Me: hmmm……I can but then my babies would take every thing that I would want to gift you and they might take your stuff too.
She: (She got upset) oh yes just like B and U (her cousins) no no khala you make me your baby and what you are going to gift me as a wish on my up coming exams? (wow)
Me: ye kaunsa event hota hai jis par gift diya jaye?
She: hota hai naa……We started watching Tom n Jerry. And I thought my exam is over but…)
She: Khala can I have a little sister?
Me: Why not? Just pray to Allah but she will take your all things….(I threatened her)
She: I would love to share but no brother this time. Why don’t you ask my mom about it?
Me: Me? Why don’t you ask? You need a sis not me.
She: I asked her many times but she says ‘just pray’. I gave her an ultimatum of two months (two months) but she did not take it seriously.
Me: Ok I ll talk to her. WOuld you like to go for Ice cream?
She: yeahhhhh (She stood up happily)
Me: Let’s go then

Oh God! Plz do not put me in this situation again.

4 comments:

  1. "why do mamas get ill when their babies come through angels? "

    LOLLLLLLLL/WOWWWWWWW she is smart!!
    n u did a pretty good job too

    ReplyDelete
  2. koi aisi wesi smart damag kha jati hai question pay question kar kar k

    ReplyDelete
  3. hahahaha....this bhanji of urs is one curious kid!!! very cute Masha Allah
    and i hope ur sis is taking ur bhanji's ultimatum seriously :P

    ReplyDelete
  4. She is not at all serious. She says that her daughter would learn things by the time. And if I argue that she should herself tell her, she's like 'tum bata dena mai tu nahi bataon gi'. I dont know why Eastern mothers are so shy even with their daughters.

    ReplyDelete

Bari Ammi

November 15 used to be her birthday. I missed my loving nani terribly today. Visited her today and left roses by her side. It was all quite...