Friday, February 20, 2009

I am in love with my country


I was thinking to start up a blog about the attractions in Pakistan, but could not do it yet. Some thing is pinching me, don’t know exactly what’s it but I am sure most of the Pakistanis are going through this phase.

There is no parameter to measure one’s love for their country. You might say it a mere show off but I do need it at the moment. I love my country. I love it more than any thing else in my life. It runs in my blood. It gives me more strengthen with each breath. My eyes get brightened when I see little development in my country. My hearts start beating joyously when I see people roaming around with lovely lighters and lively smiles. The song, which our kids learn to sing at first, is our national anthem. My eyes get teary when I hear it. The roads, bridges, parks, schools, universities, mountains, lakes, trees, flowers, birds……what to say and what not, my country is full of loveable things. I love every bit of it. I don’t want it to lose at any cost. I simply want peace and freedom for everyone here here.

Then I think that people of Kashmir, Afghanistan, Palestine and Iraq would have been loved their countries. They would have been wished for peace and stability. But what have happened to them?

My heart starts bleeding when I hear how people are fighting with each other. How could they find satisfaction in killing their own people? Are they humans? Would their rule last forever? What they are leaving for the generations to come? They are just leaving orphans, widows and enemies who would surely kill their love ones afterwards.

We did never think how much a strong economy is essential for our survival. They have nothing to do if, God forbids, this country becomes defaulter. They need power. They need rule. They need blood. When this lust would come to end? I pray it will soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Bari Ammi

November 15 used to be her birthday. I missed my loving nani terribly today. Visited her today and left roses by her side. It was all quite...