Thursday, March 26, 2009

Letter to Mr. Khaled Hosseini - Author 'The Kite Runner'





Mr. Khaled Hosseini
Author,
The Kite Runner,
USA.

Subject: The Kite Runner - An Exaggerated Drama

Dear Mr. Hosseini,

It is to inform you that I have recently gone through your Novel 'The Kite Runner'. I really appreciate your efforts to write such a great Novel which is happened to be a big hit. I understand that people do have their own reasons to like it and those guys who have made a film on it must have found someting extraordinary in it. But after reading it, I am unable to find out that 'wow' factor. I feel like you have ruined the whole momentum with your own pen.

I am not saying that it is a bad written novel. It is really a remarkable piece of literature. I can also understand how much it is difficult to write more than 500 pages and to drag the story till the 500th page while you can finish it on 25oth page. I can understand the pressure of your publishers. They are such morons.

I can also understand that you are an Asian who are happened to be more emotional and dramatic than people living out of Aisa.

But honestly speaking, there was no need to create such a big drama. Everything was going fine, I mean incredible, till the return of Amir from USA. But the secrets that Rahim Khan discloses to Amir are seemed to me like a litte over-writing stuff. As some actors in subcontinent like Shah Rukh Khan are used to do over-acting, you give the impression of over-writing. I would have still liked it if you do not show that Hassan is Amir's half brother. No need of that. If you were struck with another story before finishing this novel, you may write another novel for it. You have just broken the whole magic of the novel. But I still like it. It's an interesting and appealing Novel.

Next time, do not try to be an Over-writer like Shah Rukh Khan (an over actor).

Keep the good work on.

With regards bhabhi ko salam,

Your sincerely,

RebellionCrap :)

11 comments:

  1. oye ap to taleem yafta hain... mera khayal tha bus shaklain adikh ker qaeda parrhti hay

    ReplyDelete
  2. Shukran.....agar mijhay pehlay pata hota k aap is post k baad mijhay AAP JANAB keh kar mukhatib karein gay tu mai kafi arsa pehlay Kite Runner parh leti

    ReplyDelete
  3. ap mujh se tamez se baat kia karain.. aik me he apki site ka visitor hoon shayad.
    Alhamdolillah

    ReplyDelete
  4. haath baandh loon joti bhi naa utaar lun?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I was totally glued to the book till the moment when Rahim Khan reveals the secret to Amir. Then the whole story flopped like a bollywood movie. It was really a what the hell moment! Quite disappointing...

    ReplyDelete
  6. sach mai yaar he just destroyed the whole charisma with his own hands. I think the novel would have been more appealing if Hosseini shows that Aamir adopts his servant's kid to satisfy his guilt not because his servant is happened to be his half brother in the end. But he did not show it because the kid belongs to Hazara creed, a lowest race there. Racism is everywhere......wesay I could digest if Rahim Khan is happened to be kid's father. Remember he was also in love with a Hazara girl.

    How intellegent I am. I have given him plenty of ideas.....I can be a good storybaz :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. Maybe, you can start writing ur own version with different endings for every book read :)

    Actually, i first understood the secret as Rahim being the father.
    2 pages down, i realized that it's not Rahim, but Amir's father :)

    Yes, it would've been great if Amir adopted the son out of his guilt. Infact, when he gets a call from Rahim, i thought that Rahim knew about Amir's guilt and hence he's asking Amir to come to Pakistan.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What do you think would it be called 'plagiarism'?

    ReplyDelete
  9. hmmm..from my perspective, it's not. bcos, you are not copying the material.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Of course I would definitely change the climax. :D

    ReplyDelete
  11. I believe the Kite Runner defiantly displays the struggles and culture of Afghanistan. Khaled Hosseini is not "over-writing" his own view point of his own country. He is simply writing a story about two brothers whom are separated due to these Afghan struggles. No one has the right to tell any other person that they are being dramatic over their own country, especially a person who is not part of that culture and is totally American-washed.

    ReplyDelete

Bari Ammi

November 15 used to be her birthday. I missed my loving nani terribly today. Visited her today and left roses by her side. It was all quite...