Friday, March 13, 2009

Are we going to experience another Martial Law?

Two weeks back, in a meeting, we had a renowned PPP’s leader who was the Ex president of Punjab People’s Party also. He was considered a close friend of Bibi also. He was very active when Bibi was alive but Zardari has put them on thudday line or they might have spared themselves from the newly formed PPP. He is also the former President of our Org. We have a nice hello-hi. I never heard him saying any thing against PPP even after Bibi. He used to defend his party everywhere.

He was sitting next to me. Informal discussion started after the meeting. An old lady came from the back and sat near that PPP figure. They seemed good friends. They started talking with a very lower volume. I naturally tried to hear what they were talking about. Nahi nai mai dusrun ki batein chori se nai sunn rahi thi he knew that I was listening him.

The Lady: How is the politics of Pakistan going?
He: devastating
I was shocked
She: what about your party?
He: what party your are talking about? There is no PPP on the scene. It’s a new party now.
She: you are right. I was not expecting what zardari is doing.
He: You can’t imagine how much worse the situation is. Las night I dreamed that Army took over the country. I am still frightened. You never know what would come in very near future.

He said many things about PPP’s new leadership and the rapidly devastating condition of Pakistan. I couldn’t bear much.

I am really disappointed. It seems that we do not deserve democracy. Our democratically elected leaders cannot run the country. Why we always need Army to handle the bad situation? Why? I don’t want another Martial Law. No no…….

Whether it’s democratic government or a Martial Law, each time our country had to suffer and still suffering. Can anyone save the democracy?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Bari Ammi

November 15 used to be her birthday. I missed my loving nani terribly today. Visited her today and left roses by her side. It was all quite...