Monday, March 16, 2009

Morning Comes After Night

After months of political chaos, the crisis came to an end with the reinstatement of sacked Chief Justice of Pakistan. I hope that the remaining matters would also be settled down easily and calmly.

I'd never seen such a huge crowd of people gathered for one objective. People from all the parties were there. And I am happy that I am alive to experience the joy of this memorable moment.

I cannot explain in words how much people are happy. The jubilation around is wonderful. It is amazing to see how a single decision of President has brought everyone and everything at ease. People are congratulationg each other. Sweets are being distributd.

We did not mind staying in front of TV sets for live coverage. We could not sleep till the PM announced the restoration of CJ.

I prayed alot for things to be settled without any violence. We were not in position to face another May 12. Thank God, there were no casuality, no bomb and no violence (except minor shelling and tear gas. The sincere struggle of lawyers and political parties borne sweet fruits.

I hope today's historical sunrise brings peace and justice in the country. Ameen

No comments:

Post a Comment

Bari Ammi

November 15 used to be her birthday. I missed my loving nani terribly today. Visited her today and left roses by her side. It was all quite...