Tuesday, March 31, 2009

He wanted me to become his Bhabhi

Yea it’s weird but it happened. Don’t know why and how.

Khair I have decided to speak it out so that my stomach gets released.

It’s been three years that I am working in the same organization. This place is very dynamic in nature. Dynamic work and dynamic people who keep on changing every second. In these people there is an amazing guy who is top of everyone in every thing. He is almost 15 years senior to me. He is happened to be against everyone by default, means not for any sure reasons. He does not lie in anyone’s good book. It was disclosed to me when the time of my confirmation came that he was also against me. He tried a lot to impede not only my confirmation but also the two of my friends’ working here. We even got the termination letter which was further suspended by the President himself. Later president confirmed us calling explanation of all such basters involved in this case.

Khair it was the long story. But I want to make it very clear that we have had very cold relationship. It’s in my nature not to interfere in others’ affairs and to confine myself in my own boundary. But he tried a lot to confront me at all level and made a lot of baseless complaints against me (It came into my knowledge after a long time). Although I was not called for any explanation even for a single time. He is very rigid in his views about females especially working ladies. He is used to taunt female colleagues khullam khulla.

Just three months back, he suddenly became very polite to me. He started saying hello-hi (we were not on hello-hi terms). He started trying to discuss any thing with me. More shockingly, he started appreciating my attitude and my working at all fronts. Like: ‘she is very nice. She is sincere to her work’. Even he said: ‘She knows that sometimes I got harsh on her but she always dealt me respectfully. She never said NO to any work I assigned her’. And each time I was there with my statement ‘that’s what I am paid for’. (Nahi tu I wanted to fix your skull). He added; ‘itni achi bachi hai I am observing her since the beginning and I never saw any thing objectionable in her’. I might have heart attack on this statement.

Then he started saying that we should start family terms, and that we should visit each others’ homes, etc etc. I smartly ignored all of his suggestions and kept on my cold behavior. Once he asked my home address and told him pretty vague that he would have been lost if he ever followed it. After all these fruitless efforts, he finally contacted one of my senior female colleagues and put his case in her court.

He had sent his brother’s proposal for me. I didn’t understand what he had actually thought of me that I would forget every thing and would be fainted with joy on such a big opportunity. Damn it!!

My colleague convinced me to think about it. His brother might be different from him as he is well educated, in fact foreign qualified, and (he asked my colleague to present his brother’s qualification boastfully), on good government job.

I forgot to tell one of his hobby that is peeri mureedi. He is very much involved in taweez gandas. I heard him threatening some of the colleagues ‘tum tu meri aik phoonk ki maar ho dekhna aik hi amal se seedha kar dun ga’. And I heard that his family is also attached with some peers.

I discussed it with my mother and put the entire scenario in front of her. She refused it and advised me to stay away from him. Although I had already conveyed him my refusal.

So the matter was closed as what I thought.

He remained angry and threw some furious looks for sometime. He was transferred to another department after committing some misconduct. I thanked God that story was over.

But I don’t know what has come in his mind now as he has again started hello-hi. Despite of my very cold and rough behavior, he still comes and asks my haal chaal. Sometimes I feel like he comes for some ‘phoonks’.

I am very scared kahein mijhay mana hi naa lay :P

No one knows in office about this. I am bit scared what he would have told others about the whole story after giving a heavy buttering dose. He’s expert in exaggeration.

Any suggestion to cope with this problem!

8 comments:

  1. First solution that came to my mind is "Get married". But then, it might be like jumping out of the frying pan into the fire :)

    Maybe, you can pose as if you found your better half and are about to be engaged in the near future. But then, this might prevent any other genuine person to propose to you as well :)

    Would it help if you ignore him totally? I mean, when he says, you just stare blindly couple of times..then the third time, you act as if you were thinking something else and say a late "hi".

    btw, i don't understand hindi/urdu completely. So there is a chance of some misunderstanding.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks 'a fan'. U understood the whole story exactaly what it is.

    -First Solution: well it's terrifying and kinda unacceptable.

    -Second solution: Do u know you and me think alike? I thought of posing myself engaged but one of my friends rejected it on the same basis which you have mentioned. hehehe....I think girls do think alike.

    -Third suggestion 'ignoring him': I tried it. In fact I start talking on fone whenever he arrives. But he is such a determined person that he sticks there and keeps saying 'Ms. you did not respond my hi'. He's handsomely irritating.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I came to know that he had also sent his brother's proposal for one of my ex colleagues. Some one else told me this not he. Once he told me about her that she was a very nice and very hard working girl. From his whole discussion about her I came to the conclusion that he was very impressed by her new job, post and the pay scale. She worked under his assitance. He bragged that she got the new job just because of his training.

    Few months back, I met that girl in a conference. She asked me about everyone except his highness. At that time I did not know his newest intentions about me. So I told her jokingly that his highness remembers her alot. Her facial expressions changed and she intentionally diverted the discussion by saying 'just leave him'.

    I think I need to change the job immediately.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So apparently no one knows about this in the office besides you! Doesn't this come under 'Workplace-Harassment'? There is absolutely NO point in letting go of your job. You shouldn't be the one to quit anyway. There are formal procedures to deal with people like him but then again it depends on many factors I'm sure you would know better. I would say not to keep ignoring him like this, make him know he's causing trouble and that you will take an action against it, take a few people in confidence so that you're not singled out at any moment later on if he retaliates. Problems like these shouldn't be kept to oneself. I'm actually shocked ! In a workplace behavior like his' is intolerable and totally unacceptable. Make it formal, write to him rather than ignoring his thousand miles stares. If you want to quit, quit by atleast giving him a run for his money ;)
    I read you've been working there for the last 3 years now, does quitting here for this reason makes any sense?

    Just my thoughts .. I hope things work out for you :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Creative3sixty! thank you very much. These are really workable suggestions. Really thanks aap tu baray aqalmand niklay.

    I am just going to follow two of your suggested solutions: (1) I will show him with my attitude/behaviour that I am going to take some action against him. (2) I will share this matter with some of my colleagues.

    I was thinking that why I am scared of him. What wrong I have done? I should feel strong and show myself strong what I used to be.

    After few days I will come with some results. InshaAllah

    Thanks again

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well, yes, you shouldn't quit for the sake of this moron.

    If i were you, i would do point 2 first. Once there are couple of colleagues in my confidence, then i would go for point 1.
    But then, pl be careful. Because in our society, even if there is absolutely nothing wrong with the girl, there is a tendency to put the blame with the thought that there is no smoke without fire.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You're welcome, glad I could help.
    Watch your steps though such issues can be messy at times, I second the comments above. Good luck.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks buddies.

    I am on my way :)

    ReplyDelete

Bari Ammi

November 15 used to be her birthday. I missed my loving nani terribly today. Visited her today and left roses by her side. It was all quite...