Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Mehboob

I signed in the blog and started thinking to write some thing but couldn’t find any thing worthy. I was about to log out when a topic abruptly came into my mind and i.e. Mehboob. I know you have started guessing what it could be, the typical mehboob thingy or some thing else. You guys are cheeky hahaha. Let’s see what it is actually.

Before starting the post, some questions should be necessarily answered:


What is the meaning of Mehboob?

It means ‘beloved’ or ‘darling’ or ‘sweetheart’, etc etc.


Who is Mehboob?

He is a guy :p hehehe


Why I am writing on him?

Well when I was striving hard to find out any topic, he came to me, handed over few papers, smiled with his wide teeth and went away. And I got the topic. Thanks to him. He might have heart attack if learns that i have dedicated one of my post to him.


The Post begins:


Mehboob is a tall and thin guy with ajeeb o ghareeb moustaches. He is very hard working and devoted. He remains active and smiling the whole day. He is very sincere and tries to help everyone beyond his job description. He smiles like a little child who probably have lost his milky teeth. He works in our office as a photocopier. Well other offices do not hire spare individuals for mere photocopy machine but our Org has the honor to decrease the unemployment in the world in this period of employees’ retrenchment by hiring three photocopiers. No no it’s not because our photocopy machines are of lower quality and remain out of order most of the time, it is because our Org wants to do some social work as well, separate of its own dirty business. No other photocopier is worthy to mention but ‘Mehboob’. Now the question would arise in your mind that ‘Why Mehboob is worthy to mention?’ And the answer is because he’s Mehboob, I mean because of his unusual name.


The truth is that I HATE HIS NAME. I HATE HIM JUST BECAUSE OF HIS NAME. What a stupid name he has got? …..and don’t say it is not his fault, his parents might have chosen this name for him but he could, blah blah… I am not going to listen anything…..


Oh God…..you cant imagine how much I find it difficult to call him when I need him. Errr…. imagine, I am standing in the middle of the floor and calling him ‘Mehbooooob’ and he comes with a big smile on his face. His smile irritates me. It seems that he enjoys on calling with this name especially by the girls. Damn it! Can you believe we have also a person with the name ‘Dildaar’. Thank God he is not in my department.


****************


Sometimes names create chaos. We come across many names, which make us confused to understand whether the person is male, or a female. I mean what’s the logic behind choosing such type of names. Parent get so much excited while choosing the names for their kids. They try to find out any unusual name. I can understand their excitement but why other innocent people have to pay for their excitement and unusualness. Jump to the third port of the post.


****************


We occasionally arrange training programs and workshops for the skill development. Certificates and shields are distributed in such programs. In one of such program, we faced a terrible situation just because of a confusing name. On the day of workshop, an angry gentleman was shouting on my assistant and the poor assistant was in miserable condition. The matter came to me:

Me: What happened Sir?

He: what you people are doing here? Are you professionals?

Me: Sir! May I ask what wrong we have done?

He: Is he assisting you?

Me: Yes

He: So you are the real responsible. See my certificate (he showed me his certificate), it tells me I am a female.


I saw the certificate glimmering the name “Saria” and then I looked at that 6’2 ft tall man. What could I say? I can’t tell you how much my uncontrollable smile had cost me.

8 comments:

  1. do you go like '(singing) mehboob meray... kaam ker do'?

    ReplyDelete
  2. dafa

    Are you that kind of molvi who watches all the films and listens all cheeky songs and then issues fatwa that such and such films and songs should not be watched or listened by people?

    ReplyDelete
  3. of course not! that would render me disclosing everything that I watch *wise head* :p

    ReplyDelete
  4. abt the mehboob thing y don't u start calling him with his second name. this might make u a trend setter.

    i would like to know where u work...i know its completely personal so u can ignore my question if it offends u.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well MAK! I would have to ask his second name then and for that I would have to call him again 'Mehboooooob' erggghhhh

    *secret* shhhh dont tell anyone I am in lady police :D kiso ko ander karna ho tu batao :P

    ReplyDelete
  6. I don't know what's the deal with guy's having girl names and vice versa. I know an aunty whose name is Ayaz. When I first heard that, I was like :S! WTH

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are right Razz.
    My granny tells me that in old times girls did have boyish names, like sardar bibi, Mujeeb bibi, hameed bibi etc. We can still find such names in these days too. I rememeber that I had a class fellow (girl) with the name 'Mubeen', then a collegue 'Rehmat' and a male teacher 'Sadaf' :)

    ReplyDelete

Bari Ammi

November 15 used to be her birthday. I missed my loving nani terribly today. Visited her today and left roses by her side. It was all quite...