Thursday, May 28, 2009

May 27, 2009, Lahore Bomb Blast

I think it was 10:45, when our building shivered with a powerful jolt. It shuddered first, then we heard the voice of blast and tattering of glasses. I cannot explain in words that jerking and blast. For some time, i went blank. There was nothing in my mind to think upon. I was just waiting my building to fall down. After few second when i felt that nothing would happen now, I stood up from my chair and went to my colleague who was still in shock. I took her to the middle of the floor as our seats are set near wall high glass windows. First I thought that our underconstruction upper floor had fallen down, then i thought of earth quake. Then a man shouted 'bomb blast, see that smoke in the sky'.

Although my hands were shivering but I managed to take these pics. Sorry for being blurry :)

I captured it from my window:

All the staff evacuated immediately from the building. The red building which you can see behind the parking area is one of the main police stations of Lahore. We remain at risk with them. It comprises the police station, the main women police station and a big police hostel:


Our reception:


The glass wall was half collapsed.

2 comments:

  1. oh my god!! ur office is at such a risky place!! Thank God, u are alright *hugs*

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks dear :)
    Actually all Pakistanis are at risk these days. Be Allah's blessings on us.

    ReplyDelete

Bari Ammi

November 15 used to be her birthday. I missed my loving nani terribly today. Visited her today and left roses by her side. It was all quite...