Saturday, August 22, 2009

The Farewell Party

Yesterday was the busiest day. A friend had invited us for the lunch. Umi and Ta picked me from the office and reached to Arizona Grill. The food was really good especially the grill chicken burger, so yummy.


Then I went with Umi to her home. Spent few time with her and her family. Went through her preparation and all stuff she is taking with her.


Our department had arranged a farewell party at Salt and Pepper Restaurant at 7:30 pm. I reached there at 8:30 pm because I was with the chief guests. Ta and Umi were looking very nice and I was quite dull yesterday. The food was good although we were not able to eat much because of the heavy lunch we already had. I tried my best to finish one kabab, one tikka, rice and a glass of fresh lime sprite (my fav). But still I had to bring home left over with me. I was thinking that it will be my last late night from now.


Till the comments session started, I tried to control myself fully. But all colleagues’ comments for them and for me as well made us so teary.


Yesterday I have realized how much people were envied of our friendship. They were shocked why I was not going with them to Sweden as we were used to do every thing together. They made me realized how much alone and grieved I have become. I heard many tchtch voices. Some advised Umi and Ta that they should not forget me in future and that they should do every thing possible for me. And what was the result; I was all in tears keeping my head down. I didn’t think then where I was sitting and who was looking at me.


I wondered no one has given any encouraging or consoling comment to me. No one has told me what I had been trying to understand that this is the part. They all kept on telling me that I am alone from now. No female colleague came out with “You are not alone. I will be with you now”.


I returned home with the heavy heart. I didn’t know when I slept while weeping all night. In the morning, my eyes were puffy and my dark circles were clearer than ever. At office, people are still passing by me saying ‘Oh Madam you are left alone”. I am thankful to all of them that they have finally made me realized that this is the biggest phase of my life I am going through. I don’t know what would whether I will be able or face it or not. But it is confirmed that I am left all alone.

2 comments:

  1. You are not alone :) and this is not from a female colleague

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish it could be........

    Anyways thanks for this Faiza. You are my sincere saheili :P

    ReplyDelete

Bari Ammi

November 15 used to be her birthday. I missed my loving nani terribly today. Visited her today and left roses by her side. It was all quite...