Thursday, August 20, 2009

Days to Remember

(Public Service Notice: Although no one visits this blog. But I still want to notify everyone, do not visit this blog for few days. It’s going to be more pathetic. Thank you).

There are two days, which will remain in my memory forever December 1 2004 and August 20, 2009.

On December 1, 2004, I joined the organization I am currently working in with two of my friends. We became friends during Masters. During studies, we visited once this org as our study tour. We were students of Research Methodology & Thesis, so they had offered us for working in their Research & Development department. We were called right after completing our last semester.

I still remember that the interviewing panel had asked us many questions about our friendship and that how much strong our friendship was. We were interviewed separately, so I did not know what they had answered but I got bit emotional while describing our friendship. After interview, they called us all in the room and told that they had only two seats but they did not want to separate us so they were employing three of us. I couldn’t explain in words how much I was happy at the moment. In the last year of our masters we were very upset but this reunion was like a blessing. Seeing our sparkling faces, one of the members of the interview panel told that he was feeling like he had reunited with his own old friends.

Well the time was so much great. Facing all problems together, sharing each other’s pains and burden, celebrating each success together, the whole four years were more than any thing for me. I must say I used to enjoy a lot at office than at home given that the working was immensely tough. We did not go for any other job even having offers.

I don’t know who the hell has said that time does not remain same. We know somewhere that we would have to leave one day. But experiencing it is more than jus thinking about it.

Today is August 20, 2009, their last working day here. I did not want this day to come so soon but it has to. I spent whole day controlling myself not to cry in front of anyone. I want to bid them farewell with a big smile. They are already upsetting by leaving me alone here. I don’t want to spoil their joy of leaving this place for their lifetime opportunity. I was little bit succeeded as I said them goodbye saying that ‘we are meeting tomorrow naa for the farewell party’. Yes I avoided eye contact. The whole way to home, I kept crying after putting sun glasses on despite the raining outside. I know some bikers were mocking me but they might have mocked more if glasses were not there.

I can’t explain how much terrible I am feeling right now. I have been trying for days to face all this cheerfully with my-said-to-be-million-dollar-smile. I wonder if I would also make it through tomorrow, not to shed a tear in front of them. I still wonder…………Am I that brave? I fear I am not.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Bari Ammi

November 15 used to be her birthday. I missed my loving nani terribly today. Visited her today and left roses by her side. It was all quite...