Monday, April 6, 2009

It's havoc to talk on telephone in office.

Some times, it really gets messy specially for person like me who by default speaks loudly. I like the workstation type office decor (which we are having) than the closed-cabin style. But it is its major drawback that your privacy becomes public. No one needs to ask you about your family, friends or about your own personality.

I generally speak loudly. Like others, I am not in habit of speaking in such a volume which is considered to be 'whispering'. Not only me, my whole family speaks and also hears loudly. You can better understand what my position could be when a call comes from my home. Everyone from my family, cousins and friends are strictly instructed to contact me during lunch break or after office hours. But no one usually follows it. There is no proper place to go to where one can talk on telephone easily. If you want to know who are in any type of relationship, you can go to the stairs and see them by yourself :D . So stairs are also not a good option.

I think everyone would have known that how many siblings or friends I do have, or to whom I am annoyed with, or which color, drama or movie I do like, or in which restaurant I like to dine, or how much pocket money my brother is demanding this month, or what gifts my niece and nephew are ordering now, or which function is coming in my family or friends or what I am going to wear on it?

Hence, I have become a public figure.

By nature I am a very different person. I remain confined to my own business. I do not like to pay attention on what my colleagues talk on telephones. That's a bad habit.

But what one can do when some one is pouring something into your ears. They force me to hear their telephonic conversations. I personally dont like it but I am helpless.

So I am forced to listen that the motoo is having some issues with his wife, although their are going to have a baby in few months. The paindo production bhai's wife does not ask him before ironing his clothes. The mochhi is going to take his sister for shopping for the last time as she is leaving for USA yesterday. The chotkaa bhai has changed the name of his daughter. Bemar uncle's wife has some issues in serving her mother-in-law. The ever smart man speaks rudely with his wife. The sleepy fellow's daughter calls him alot to remind him her demand list. The twin friends have lot of girlfriends though they are happily married. ETC ETC

See! how much I am compelled to listen about people. hehehehe :D

4 comments:

Bari Ammi

November 15 used to be her birthday. I missed my loving nani terribly today. Visited her today and left roses by her side. It was all quite...