Tuesday, June 16, 2009

A quick post

I needed a certificate of Medium of Instruction from my last institute. So I went to my College during lunch break today. Guards on main gate told me that I would have to take the visitor pass first from the other gate, which is at the 15-minute walk. So I had to go there after requesting them to let me in. Guards on the other gate issued me a visitor pass after checking my ID card and let me in. They told me that the college is at higher security alert and I would have to show my visitor pass even to enter a department. I entered the college remembering the old days when we needed not to ask any permission. Khair when I entered the premises, I was like ‘Am I at the right place?’

My session was 2002-04. It was a public institute then. In 2003, it became privatized. I still remember how much disturbed that year were. We spent one year as student of a public institute and one year as private. Just in one year, the difference was more than visible. The new administration changed the whole faculty and we got the chance to study under the supervision of foreign qualified teachers. They did not increase our fees because we were the last batch and they would had to face severe protest from the students. But they never happened to own us completely as they had to accept us unwantedly. Khair we gave damn to these looters who increased the fees four times more to ours. I heard that the standard of education do rise but how much I don’t know exactly. But I remain grateful to them for letting us learn from such faculty who has left an irreversible influence on us. What I am today or what I want to become tomorrow is just because those remarkable teachers which a public institute was unable to provide us.

In that one year of being autonomous, they had started restructuring the college which has now earned a status of University. I never understood what the hell it is ‘Government College University’, ‘Lahore College for Women University’, Forman College University, etc why don’t they keep only university?

Forgot again what I was going to share. The College or uni whatever it is now has been completely changed. I went there after almost 4 years. There was approximately three to four newly built buildings, all renovated buildings, nicely trimmed gardens, new marble floors, new parking areas, new paints, new faces, ever thing is new there. Students were busy in basketball and swimming, yes the swimming pool which was dogs house in our time.

I was completely lost there. I had to ask for the administration office. The staff was quite efficient and they dealt me inspite of their lunch break. Thanks to them. I wanted to take some pictures but could not do so because of heavy security. I will take pics when I’ll go to collect the certificate. I loved to stay there just for few minutes. I loved the new change I longed for. I wish we were still there to study in such a luxurious college. I hope they will strive hard to improve the standard of the education also so that children would not find need to go abroad for study.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Bari Ammi

November 15 used to be her birthday. I missed my loving nani terribly today. Visited her today and left roses by her side. It was all quite...