Tuesday, October 13, 2009

I have issues :|




I am suck of my telephone extension at office. The stupid calls drive me nuts. And check the information which is asked usually:

Me: hello
Tel: Hi this is …... How are you? (speaks so cheerfully as I was waiting him for ages)
Me: Fine. Yes?
Tel: What is the extension of Mr/Ms XYZ.
Me: I don’t know. Ask the exchange.

Tring tring….

Me: Yes?
Tel: Hi……how are you doing?
Me: good. Yes?
Tel: I need to talk to Mr. XYZ.
Me: This is MY number not his.
Tel: Then connect my line to his
Me: I don’t know how to connect (I know it but I wont do it for you b@$%&). Ask the telephone operators.

Tring tring:

Me: hello
Tel: oh I think I have dialed a wrong number.
Me: yes you did.
Tel: how are you?
Me: *(you know you are the cheapest person on earth?)*

Tring tring:

Me: hello
Tel: isn’t it Mr. XYZ?
Me: Do I sound like him?

Tring tring:

Tel: What is the extension number of XYZ?
Me: I don’t know
Tel: how is it possible? He sits next to you?
Me: (I wish I can kick you from the top floor) why don’t you ask the exchange? They are here for this purpose.
Tel: but you should know the telephone extensions of at least your department.
Me: Yes I should learn by heart the 35 extensions of everyone. That’s my fault. I ll be careful next time.


Tring tring

Tel: Kindly tell me Mr…… is on the floor. Or Mr……..is on his seat? (hadd ho gai)

This is the one of ways people use to tease female colleagues. And they think that we are such dumb and dont understand what’s the meaning of all this. One day I got more then ten such calls. On eleventh call, you can understand how much I might have been irritated:

Me: Hello (the most irritant sound I could utter)
Tel: Oh….who are you?
Me: Whom do you want to talk to?
Tel: I need to talk to XYZ but who are you?
Me: Sorry. this is not his number.
Tel: then?
Me: ohoo press the Zero and ask them about his number. I am not supposed to learn all extension numbers here.
Tel: What is your name?
Me: (I see you are one of the eve teasers) Listen Mr. I am extremely busy and I have told you that I don’t know your required extension number. So please contact the tel operator and save yours and mine time. Thank you. (takkkkhh fone band)

At that time, I just wished to bang the telephone.

The telephone rang again after few minutes:

He: So you are ………….. (he took my name this time)
Me: So? (flatly)
He: beta I am Vice President.
Me: geeeee….. (duh duh …electric shock)
He: What happened to you beta? I thought you are the most well-mannered girl in the whole org. I wasn’t expecting it from you.
Me: Sir……..actually…….wo tu………mai tu…….nai nai……asal mai……and so on

I got so confused at that time but I tried to explain him what the actual situation was. He listened me carefully and advised me to be cautious next time. Ahhh………I had no idea that the VP had such noble thoughts about me. But what could happen now? I have ruined it all with my own hands, I mean voice….damn me!!!

P.S. Mr. XYZ who is responsible for all this should be fired at once.

2 comments:

  1. arey i remember that i once by mistake called the director and asked him to transfer the call to someone else...that was soo embarrassing :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha....same incident happened with my colleague (thank God not with me). Our President extension was 405 and cafeteria's was 450. He by mistake dialed 405 and placed the order of two plates of chicken karahi. President called him later and said "aaj tu mai nay karahi nai banai kuch aur chahiye tu bata do". it was a fun bechara

    ReplyDelete

Bari Ammi

November 15 used to be her birthday. I missed my loving nani terribly today. Visited her today and left roses by her side. It was all quite...