Wednesday, October 7, 2009

The unexpected happiness

I was seriously not expecting it all but Allah has been vey kind to me, I must say. Thank you Allah Ta'ala gee, thank you very much. I know You read my blog regularly.

Yesterday morning when I just reached my cabin, director called me up and congratulated me for getting promoted to 'Deputy Director'. I was told that I was the most derserving candidate and my case was very strong. I also got one increment.

I dont understand how to react. A strange kind of indifferent feeling is taking me over. I think I am still in shock. I am trying to make myself realize that it has happened finally. When I joined this organization, I thought, only thought sometime that I should leave this job after at least becoming Deput Director. May be the time for leaving this job has arrived. Should I start preparing the farewell speech? :)

And one interesting thing, one of my auntie (mom's cousin) called me from London just to congratulate me. Another shock. She didn't call me on becoming Assistant Director. She showed her full time affection and that the little me with shining eyes was standing in front of her eyes. I am indebted to her unexpected love. Her son also talked to me and asked my permission to add me on Facebook.....hahah such a sweet boy :D. He was feeling very shy while talking to me and auntie was yelling from the back "beta tumhari khala hai" kamal hai she forgot after reaching London that my mother is her cousin, not me.

11 comments:

  1. MUBARAKAN!
    treat time!!!!!!
    main ne pizza khana hai :]

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok gee.....two votes for pizza. One urs and one my bro's :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats for both the reasons. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you very much a fan and youre' also invited on the treat (either it ll be real or virtual) :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. First of all Congrats!

    And secondly, you just got to be deputy direction and your already thinking of leaving? :P

    Ahem, how OLD is this son? Aunties are fishy like that. ;) Or maybe I'm too suspicious... lol

    ReplyDelete
  6. Welcome and thanks PD.

    Actually after working 4 yrs in your first company ever, you feel stagnant. But you are right, I was also calculating last night and decided that I should at least fill my empty bank account a bit.

    Well the son is quite young aur woh kiya kehtay hein meri goud mai hi khail kar bara hua hai. He's in O' levels :P so no chance

    Or it's like all mothers of boys are fishy :) regardless of their age, i mean boys' age :P. Aunties remain young forever.

    ReplyDelete
  7. oye congrats :)
    I'll settle for pizza.. no issues... anything for free.

    ReplyDelete
  8. *Note: Those who are congratulating me late are out of the pizza party. hn

    ReplyDelete
  9. those who congratulated first still have not had their share?! damn...

    ReplyDelete
  10. They will surely have one day inshAllah. But You are late. chuti karo

    ReplyDelete
  11. altho i hate the term dawat right now....iski tou treat banti hai!!! lahore a jaon? :P

    ReplyDelete

Bari Ammi

November 15 used to be her birthday. I missed my loving nani terribly today. Visited her today and left roses by her side. It was all quite...